We can't wait for the twins!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Shawcroft Family Update

I can't believe that October is almost over. The time is going by so fast it's crazy! We are having fun getting ready for Halloween. Makayla has had a few Halloween parties this week and been able to dress up which has been nice. It is probably going to be freezing on Saturday and she will have to wear a coat. I always hated that as a kid. I always had a cute little costume and then it needed to be covered up with a coat. At least she has been able to wear it for her parties. We all had a lot of fun carving pumpkins this year. They were ones that we grew in our garden which made it even more fun. Makayla refused to clean them out so daddy did that and she drew the faces on them. Then I cut out the faces. It worked out great! Kyle slept through most of it but woke up right in time for pictures. PERFECT!Makayla is still loving preschool. She is so cute. I love to hear the things that come out of her mouth. The other day she told me that she is always going to be a princess for Halloween. The funny thing is that I can totally see that happening for years to come. Every year we send a letter to Makayla's birthmother. This year she was so excited to draw her a picture. She drew one and then just kept drawing. This is my favorite one. It is Krista and Makayla holding hands...Kyle is doing great. He just had his first tooth pop up. We are so proud of him!!! When we first noticed it Ben and I just kept telling him how proud we were and what a good boy he was. Finally Makayla piped in and said, "I have teeth too!" I think that is the first time since we brought Kyle home that she got a little jealous. He is just the cutest sweetest little guy. He loves to talk and hear himself talk. He also loves to growl at us. I will growl in his neck and then he grabs my face and growl back at me. It is the cutest thing ever!!!Ben and I are doing great. Busy, busy, busy! We are still counting down the days until we finalize Kyle's adoption and can get him sealed to us. He is such a huge part of our family now. I can't even imagine life without our little Ky Guy. Ben and I are so blessed to have the best little kids in the whole world!!!

2 comments:

macandmegan said...

Haha, I love the picture Makayla drew...its adorable! Wouldn't it be fun to spend a day in her head? She's always making me laugh

Rae said...

What fun pictures-- and what adorable kids! Tell Kyle I'm proud of his tooth-- and tell Makayla I think her princess dress is magnificent! Give them a hug.......