We can't wait for the twins!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Friday, July 12, 2013

33 Weeks!!!

Two weeks to go!!!  Well, at least that's what I am hoping for.  I'm scared that when I hit the 35 week mark they will still want me to be on bedrest.  I guess all we can do is wait and see.  Of course we want what is best for the girls so if that is what we have to do we will do it.  Today my mom went back to Utah.  She has been with the kids for a month now.  She has been here for two weeks and the kids were in Utah for two weeks.  I think we can officially call her a saint now!!!  I'm glad she will be able to go home and have a little break before the twins are born and she is back out here again.  I have to admit I'm a little nervous for the next couple weeks.  Here it is summer with two active kids and I can't do anything.  I need to get my creative side working and think of things for the kids to do otherwise it's going to be a long two weeks.  

Makayla and Kyle have been so good.  I know they are having a hard time understanding completely what is going on but they are trying so hard.  They have been playing together so well and helping around the house.  Makayla hasn't complained one time about loosing her room and moving in with Kyle.  I am so proud of both of them.  It has been fun seeing all our packages arrive for the twins.  It's so weird getting two of everything.  Yesterday we got our two carseats for the girls.  Also the crib bedding came.  Luckily we can use Makayla's old crib bedding for one crib so we only had to get one more.  We have had two swings set up in our family room for a while now and it is fun to see them each day and know what is coming.  Ben refinished our two cribs so now they are both white and match.  The room is coming together slowly but surely.  It is still so weird to think that in about a month we will have two babies!!!

It's been so weird being pregnant.  For 14 years I have dreamed of this happening but I really thought it never would.  It still doesn't seem real.  I know I am getting so fat and we see the babies in ultrasounds every week to two weeks.  I see my tummy moving and shaking all the time.  Little legs and arms and elbows and shoulders are constantly sticking out but it is still so unreal.  I wake up every morning thinking it is really just a dream.  I  can't believe that two babies are really in my tummy!  I have had so many years to dream about being pregnant and what it would be like.  I couldn't wait to go out shopping and have everyone see my cute little pregnant tummy.  I couldn't wait to see my friends and talk all about being pregnant and babies and getting ready for them.  I thought about making sure we went back to Utah while I was pregnant so our families could see me and be a part of it.  I couldn't wait to take a last trip with Ben and the kids knowing it was our last trip of a family of four.  Obviously things have not gone as planned.  Pretty much every dream I had of pregnancy has not come to pass.  It is hard and it makes me sad but when I really think about it I don't care.  In the end I am going to have two beautiful, healthy amazing baby girls and that is what matters.  That is what we are doing all of this for and they are totally worth it.  I can't wait to be at the hospital with my girls when for the first time Kyle and Makayla come into the room and see their sisters for the first time.  I have never experienced that before and I can't wait.  We are so blessed and I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for the amazing blessings he has given us.  My cup truly runneth over!!!    

No comments: