We can't wait for the twins!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 7, 2013

After 14 years of marriage Ben and I were finally able to hear those words that we have always dreamed of hearing... "Congratulations Lori, you're pregnant!"  The last couple years have been extrememely hard for us.  I can't even tell you how many failed adoptions we have gone through in the last two years.  Last February we decided to try invitro.  We were so excited but in the end it didn't work and we were devestated.  In November of last year we were coming up on our two year mark of waiting to adopt through LDS Family Services.  We felt that it was time to stop with them.  We knew we weren't done with our family but we just didn't know what to do.  One day it came to me.  We were supposed to try invitro again.  At first I was so scared because it is so emotional and expensive.  I didn't know if I could go through that again.  Ben and I talked about it and we knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that that is what Heavenly Father wanted us to do.  So in November 2012 we started the process again.  I thought this time it would be easier because we had already been through it but it was actually harder.  Both Ben and I were really nervous for what would happen.  Finallly I made it to the second pregnancy test.  I went to the hospital, had my
 blood drawn, and then tried to keep myself busy while I waited for the doctor's office to call.  My phone rang and I saw that it was the office.  I was shaking so bad!!!  That is when I heard those precious words that I never thought I would ever hear in my life.  I was pregnant!  I was so excited but also a little scared.  The doctor wanted to see me at 7 weeks.  At that time we found out I was pregnant with TWINS!!!!  I have to say I was in shock.  We left the doctor's office and I couldn't
even talk.  All I could think about was twins!!!!  Now that time has passed I am so excited.  Don't get me wrong I am still scared but so excited.  Kyle and Makayla are beyond excited.  They can't believe that they are getting two babies and they don't have to worry about a birth mother changing her mind.  I can't wait for the day they get to come to the hospital and see the babies and know that they are ours.  Next step boys, girls, or one of each?  We are so excited!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Hanna said...

Congratulations!!! I wish you so much happiness!

LeAnn said...

I'm so happy for you! My friend just had twin girls five months ago. We were talking the other day and she said how amazing it is how the Lord has strengthened her in more ways than she could imagine as she's dealt with multiples (plus three more). <3

Krista said...

I just heard the news tonight and wanted to tell you how happy I am for you guys. It is such an amazing and beautiful thing to be pregnant. Try to enjoy it! Wish I could be there to give you a hug. love you!

the crew said...

Congratulations!! It will likely be busy- but what a blessing! And your older two will love helping take care of their little baby siblings!!!