We can't wait for the twins!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, September 12, 2011

Remembering September 11th...

I will never forget ten years ago I woke up and was getting ready for work.  Ben and I lived on BYU campus and he was still sleeping because he didn't have classes until later.  Every morning I would watch the Today show while I was getting ready.  This morning was no different than any other morning until on the show they showed a plane hitting the World Trade Center.  It was weird and I remember thinking, "Wow, what an idiot to do that!"  I went and woke Ben up and told him what had happened.  As time went by we were more and more confused as to what was going on.  Finally, as the news unfolded, we realized that we had been attacked by terrorists.  I can't even describe the feelings that I was having.  I couldn't believe that something like this could happen to a great country like America.  Our world has changed so much in the last ten years.  I don't quite feel as safe as I used to.  We didn't have children until after this happened but I think we are raising them differently that we would have if this great tragedy hadn't happened.  When the 10 year anniversary was coming up of September 11th we decided that we better tell Makayla a little of what had happened.  I didn't want her watching TV or talking to her friends and wondering what was going on and being scared.  I told her that before she was born some really bad men decided to fly airplanes into buildings so they could kill a lot of people.  She was shocked.  She said that we should write a letter to them telling them that that is mean and we should be nice to everyone.  Makayla is really into making up songs these days so she decided to sing a song about September 11th.  I am so glad that I live in America.  I love this country with all my heart.  I am so blessed to have a wonderful husband and amazing children.  We are so thankful to live where we live and have the freedoms that we have.  
  


On a lighter note, when we were at our family reunion in July my dad read the grandkids a book called Wienerwolf.  Kyle absolutely fell in love with this book.  My parents gave a copy of the book to all the grandkids so Kyle reads it all the time.  He loves to pretend he is a wolf and make the howling noise.  I swear it is the cutest thing you've ever seen.  We were lucky enough to get him on video making his Wienerwolf sounds.  Enjoy...
  


No comments: