We can't wait for the twins!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Makayla's First Dance Recital



So this was Makayla's first dance recital and Ben and I were so excited. We couldn't wait to see our little girl dancing like a ballerina. We got to the studio and Makayla saw all the parents and kids and she was scared to death!!! She wanted me to hold her and then buried her head in me. Ben and I started to get a little nervous that she wasn't going to dance at all. Luckily the other class danced first and Makayla watched them. After that she was so excited to show off her moves. I took her to her spot on the floor and she again got very nervous. She held onto me and didn't want to go. That is where the bribing came it. Wow!!! Bribing with treats works wonders on a three year old. Her first dance was tap. She was absolutely amazing. She stood there the whole time and moved her Teddy Bear back and forth. It was beautiful!!! Next was the ballet dance. This went a little better. She remembered most of the moves on this one. All I can say is watch out all you prima ballerina's out there Makayla Shawcroft has arrived!!! After the recital she was pooped and had a nice little rest on mommy and daddy's bed.



2 comments:

macandmegan said...

she is gorgeous! I love the picture of her laying on the bed :)

Krista said...

How FUN! I'm so excited to get Lucie in dance in a few years.