We can't wait for the twins!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Shawcroft Family Fun Night


Ben and I decided that we were overdue for some family time so last Saturday we had Shawcroft Family Fun Night. It was great!!! We all had a lot of fun.









The evening started off with a picnic outside. I had just been to the store that day for a food shopping trip so we had lots of yummy things to eat. We had ham, cheese, crackers, watermelon and homemade cinnamon rolls. Oh yes mommy was on the ball that day!









The wind ended up being so bad we had to move the picnic inside. Then we had to wait until it died down before we could proceed with our fun night.

















Finally it was time for the games. First we played soccer. Makayla was so good at kicking the ball. She loved it. She called her ball the ladybug ball which I though was very appropriate.








Next it was time for baseball. Makayla had never played this game before so I took the bat first and showed her how it was done. Ben tossed a beautiful ball right to me. I swung the bat with such perfect precision it went flying straight across the yard in a beautiful arc right into Makayla's head. She was pretty stunned at first and then started crying. I felt sooooooo bad. Here we were trying to have a fun night and I just ruined it. Luckily Makayla is a pretty strong little girl. She cried for a few seconds and then was ready to have her turn trying out the bat. Thank goodness mommy didn't ruin the fun!








After our fun sports it was time to eat Smores. Yum Yum!!! We made a small fire and roasted marshmellows. The wind cause a little bit of problems but everything was worth it. They were wonderful. Kyle even got hungry while we ate so he got his bottle. Poor boy, next year he can join in the sugary goodness. So overall it was a very successful Shawcroft Family Fun Night. We are all counting down the days when we can do it again!!!

3 comments:

BrOoKe said...

Oh my gosh Lori how funny! What are the chances you would hit her with that perfect pitch followed by perfecr swing? Seriously what are the chances. Sounds like my luck! You and Ben are the best parents any child could ask for. For sure the best ones I could ask for too!!!!

Hanna said...

Sounds like you did it on purpose to me. Totally. JUST KIDDING! I hate when something like that happens! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! We'll have to hang out one of these nights so our husbands can finally meet! :)

Rae said...

What a fun night-- and great pictures! Can't wait to see you this next week!