We can't wait for the twins!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, August 17, 2009

Our Trip to Virginia City

Our family loves to take day trips. Every few weekends we find a place to explore and take off. This past weekend it was time for Virginia City. Makayla was soooooo excited to ride the train. Poor little Kyle wasn't feeling very well but he was a trooper. What great kids we have!!!
Makayla couldn't believe that she was actually on a train. Her favorite part was the "golden ticket." She was actually free and didn't have a ticket but Ben gave her one of ours. She held that thing throughout the whole ride. At one point it fell out the window but luckily we were stopped and a nice cowboy picked it up for her. When we left the train she told me that she wanted to tell him thank you. Sure enough when we got to the cowboy she said, "Thanks for getting my ticket for me!" Where did my shy little girl go?Kyle enjoyed the train ride too!!!It was a lot of fun for the whole family.Next it was up to the city to look around in the shops. It was quite the climb up the steep streets. I pushed the stroller and Makayla got a great ride from daddy.
Overall it was a great day. Our kids were great and we had a lot of fun. The best part of the trip was we got to come home that evening and sleep in our own beds. I love day trips!!!

2 comments:

BrOoKe said...

You guys are such cute parents! I love MaKayla's side ponytail!! That first picture little man looks a lil drugged hee hee. Seriouisly you guys are the perfect little family. Love you to pieces! Also is it just me or dis that train make you look REALLY short!!! Muah love ya

Rae said...

Yeah Lori-- your head doesn't even come to the bottom of the train! Oh yeah-- I'm your mom, so I have something to do with that! Blame it on my side of the family all being Hobbits!
What a fun trip-- we love you guys!